Sunday, May 3, 2015

Water based Resist & Magic Sizing Do Not Mix

Just learned something important. I applied a water based resist to a drawing on silk to paint, let it dry, then sprayed the whole piece with Magic Sizing.once it dried it disentragrated the resist I'd just applied. So if you're using both Magic Sizing and water based resist, Spray the sizing FIRST, Let it dry, THEN apply the resist to the lines of the drawing. Fortunately I'd colored the resist so I had faint liines to go by when I applied the resist the second time. I've used the two substances together before but I'd always sprayed the sizing on the silk first, then applied resist as desired.never had a problem till I reversed the order. Lesson learned. I won't make that mistake again. Now that you know, maybe you won't either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment